Monday – Thursday: 8:00am to 5:00pm
Friday: 8:00am – 2:00pm
Our telephone lines are answered by the office staff during the hours listed above.
After regular business hours our telephone lines are forwarded to and answered by our answering service. The answering service handles urgent calls only . For routine calls such as rescheduling appointments or prescription refills, we would ask that you call the office during business hours so that the office staff may assist you.
In order to provide the best care to our patients, office visits are by appointment only.
Cancellations and rescheduling:
Should you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment please call as far in advance as possible at 330-455-8000.
Prescription refills are handled by the office during regular office hours only. Prescriptions cannot be handled by the answering service or the on-call physician after business hours or on the weekend.
Please be prepared to provide the staff with the prescription name, prescription number, pharmacy name and pharmacy telephone number. While we can usually take care of most refills the same day there are some situations where it may take up to 24 hours.
Surgical Associates of Canton of OPPC participates with the following insurance plans:
- Champus – standard plan only
- The Health Plan
- Humana and Humana Medicare
- Medicaid, Buckeye, CareSource, & Paramount Advantage
- Medical Mutual
- Medicare / Primetime
- MyCare Ohio CareSource
- Ohio HealthChoice
- Pink Ribbon Project
- United HealthCare (Dr. Albertson only)
- Workers Compensation
The physicians of Surgical Associates of Canton, Inc., have surgical privileges at the following hospitals:
2600 Sixth Street SW
Canton, Ohio 44710
Mercy Medical Center
1320 Mercy Drive
Canton, Ohio 44708
832 South Main Street
Orrville, Ohio 44667
Payment of office services:
Please be prepared to pay your co-payment, co-insurance or unmet deductible amounts at the time of the visit. For your convenience, we accept cash, personal check, Visa, MasterCard or Discover.
Disability Form Policy:
One employer disability form will be completed free of charge following a surgical procedure. An employer disability/return to work slip is the form that your company requires (with the companies name appearing at the top) be completed while you are disabled.
Other disability forms (including FMLA, accident policy forms, cancer policies and disability for loans) will be completed after pre-payment of a $15.00 fee per form.
- Payment for completion of the form must be made by cash, credit or debit card only. No checks will be accepted for payment of this service.
- Please allow 2 business days for completion pending the doctors’ availability for an original signature.
- Forms cannot be completed while you wait.
- Forms must have the patient section completed before they will be accepted. We cannot accept blank forms.
- Forms will not be accepted if the “Attending Physicians” section has been completed by the patient.
- Completed forms may be picked up or will be mailed to the address designated.
- Completed forms will only be faxed if the fax number is preprinted on the disability form. Otherwise, you will need to complete a separate release form authorizing a third party to receive your information.
- Disability forms (with the exception of FMLA forms) will not be completed until after surgery.
Please note that our office will provide you (free of charge) with one of our return to work slips. It will be your responsibility to determine if your carrier will accept this form in lieu of paying for completion of your form.